An open letter to The President of India about the Journey to Uttrakhand


An open letter to The President of India about the Journey to Uttrakhand

It was an afternoon of 14th June 2013 when I reached Uttrakhand- a beautiful part of my Great Nation, Place of Pilgrimage, Known for Himalayan Glaciers- Moraines, state of valley of flowers, Dreamland for many Builders and most important my native place ( Myera Dandi Kanthi ku desh, Myeru Gad Desh as wriiten by Negi ji). I had a plan to visit Kedarnth and Mana Village in this trip to home. Within next two days I had seen the greatest Disaster, I feel the everlasting pain, I witnessed the limitation of my people, I feel the hardship of nature, I witnessed sick political will and died efforts by authorities. With in next 6 days I roamed around many villages between Basukedar (Bhatwadi) to Sonprayag (Trijuginarain) (…..More than 50 Villages). In most of the villages I listen terrible weepy sound of woman and anger of left out man. I have seen Army man and 5 helicopters carried people at different location of Jakh, Nala, Seresi and Phata. I have seen helicopters flying above my head and home.
I have no words to explain this pain but I would definitely like to relies people that calamity is the largest in India and had left the pain for forever not only to the Local Garhwali People but to whole nation.
A government had worked in region without preparation, without vision and without any efforts. There was non from authority whom we could have spoke. There was no authority to listen us and there were no one to feel the pain of the people.
There was a hospital in Gutakashi where there were on 6 beds. We took few people to the hospital and doctor told us to put these people in carpets (.. I did so…). I show few NDRF man running without proper directions for first 4 days. I meet some politician including Harak Singh, Tarun Vijay, Asha Nautiyal and I show some other like Ramesh Pokhriyal and after 6 days I show our Member of state assembly Ms Shaila Rani…. I heard some more visited to the area.. some by air and other when there was no people…….. both Rahul Gandhi and Modi.
After third day I have listen that some Nepali’s are looting people and dead bodies …( Including some locals).
After six days I show some trucks with rescue  and help material are came to area and mean while I meet with 200 or so people who cam on-foot to Guptakshi from Kedarnath… ( Which is almost 150 km trekking rout).
Through my people I came to that TV Channels are giving continuous news about what had happen in Kedarnath area and in uttrakhand. But here at Guptakashi I listen some TV Journalist  who are saying….”…… Now its time to pack-up the story”.
I have seen a mother without tear, son without emotions, father without words and ………. (All in anger).
I can count more than 700 deaths of locals... ( whom I knew) and countless tourist a pilgrimages. In a tourist bus a lady told me they were 42 when they came to area and now just 6 are returning back… a car driver was searching his two Canadian Tourists ( NRIs ) and than went back empty.
…………………………..
I left my people and my land … my mother told me not to visit India in June……
We the people of Uttrakhand have no complains to the politicians and political systems but to the nature….. While returning back I came trough Village road to Mayali and than to Tehri Dam…. I realize how interior we are and how developed our Government and her vision is????
At Delhi my bother told me that he will ask his only son to join Indian Army to help the people……..
I will not listen to my mother’s plea  to not to visit India in June.. I will go there in December and June too… I knew nature have many more difficulties for us--- as Kedarnath was my research area and for which I have won Yong Geographers Commendation award……….
We will still be tough and will still be in love with nation…………………..

Kind Regards

Manish Semwal 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

दगडू नी रेन्दु सदानी

कहाँ अपना मेल प्रिये

प्राण